The perfect centrepiece in every Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner table is a huge and flavourful golden Roast Turkey. Since the declaration of Thanksgiving Day as a national holiday in 1863, this uniquely American gaming fowl has been a popular dish that symbolises giving thanks to the harvest and blessings of the entire year.
A delectable Roasted Turkey dish will surely make your holiday feast extra special. However, cooking a whole turkey weighing around 4.5kg can take anywhere between 3 to 12 hours! And if you have a small kitchen and no big oven for roasting, as most apartments in Singapore do, it will surely be a challenge to cook a roasted turkey.
Fortunately, you can make your holiday celebrations stress-free without thinking about where to find the best turkeys and dealing with long lines in the grocery stores. Maximise your holiday vacation without tiring yourself cleaning up the kitchen after cooking up a holiday feast. At Jeffrey’s Christmas Kitchen, we can have your turkey and side dishes delivered fresh off the oven right to your doorstep any day during the holidays.
Here is Jeffrey’s Favorite Roast Turkey Recipe instruction:
If you order Jeffrey’s Favorite Roast Turkey Recipe chilled, you must preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Get a shallow pan and put a little water before placing the whole turkey. Cover in aluminium foil and leave in the oven for 30 minutes. Check the turkey’s internal temperature and make sure it reaches 75 degrees Celsius before removing the foil. Then allow it 5 more minutes in the oven uncovered to make the skin crispy.
When you order it hot, it will be heated based on Singapore Food Agency (SFA) standard, which is above 60 degrees Celsius. What you will taste with every order is tender, juicy turkey meat wrapped in golden, crispy, crackling skin baked to perfection. In every bite, you’ll get a slice of juicy and savoury meat with a crunch of crispy skin. The meat is generously seasoned with rosemary and stuffed with chestnuts for a flavourful and fragrant roast that will surely linger around the dining table and whet everyone’s appetite. We only use fresh, premium, and imported ingredients, so you’ll always get the same flavour and quality in every order.
How To Serve Jeffrey’s Favorite Roast Turkey Recipe
Every turkey food delivery order is a huge 4.5 kg whole turkey that can feed 5 to 8 individuals. There are two ways you can receive your turkey Christmas food delivery —hot and fresh or cooked and chilled. You can have your turkey delivered to you “preheated” warm straight from the shop’s oven. This preheated option is ideal for homes with no ovens big enough to fit a 10-pound turkey for heating.
For those who have big enough ovens or microwaves, you can order the turkey cooked and chilled, giving you the choice of when to eat it and serve it hot on your dinner table. All other food on the menu will be delivered cooked and chilled to fit all standard-sized ovens and microwaves.
We’ve got the most exquisite turkey recipe for you from Jeffrey’s Christmas Kitchen, and here’s how you can enjoy it best. Always serve it warm on the table so everyone can smell the aroma of rosemary and chestnut on perfectly roasted meat. Turkeys are traditionally served stuffed and with dressing on the side. Common and favorite dressings are gravy and cranberry sauce.
Serve your turkey with a lot of light and healthy side dishes options. You can also serve it with corn, rice, or bread because there are just many ways to enjoy turkey meat. You can make sandwiches or eat them with carbs or as a topper on your salad. Roasted turkeys are best paired with red wine on the side.
5 Best Foods That Go Well With Roast Turkey
The huge Roasted Turkey you ordered from Jeffrey’s Christmas Kitchen will surely make the table look festive in the middle of all the comfort food surrounding it. But now that you’ve your main dish covered, you can add in easy-to-cook side dishes, and you’re all set for your hassle-free holiday dinner. Here are some of the best easy-to-cook side dishes ideas that go well with roasted turkey:
- Cranberry sauce – A sweet side dish you can use as a jam for bread, glaze poultry meats, or topping for desserts. Canned cranberry sauces are usually too sweet, so it’s best to whip up your recipe because it’s healthier, and you can adjust the sweetness level to your liking.
- Creamy Buttered Mashed Potatoes – This turkey side dish is a classic favorite and will surely be popular with both kids and adults. First, boil the peeled potatoes, then mash. Add butter, milk, a pinch of salt, pepper, and any herb you prefer, such as dried oregano or parsley. The creaminess of the potatoes will surely complement the chestnut taste and aroma of the turkey meat.
- Dinner rolls – You can never go wrong with dinner rolls on the table. They are light, fluffy, and you can turn them into little bites of turkey sandwiches. Be sure to include butter, mayo, cheese, tomatoes, or any other side dish that you think would taste best when making little turkey sandwiches.
- Buttered or steamed vegetables – Healthy and light veggies will balance the heaviness of the turkey meat and the carbohydrates in bread. Whether buttered or steamed, you should include vegetables in every meal to keep your loved ones healthy. The best veggies to steam are carrots, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, peas, cauliflower, artichokes, marbled potatoes, and zucchini.
- Baked sweet potatoes – A simple dish to make but very healthy and yummy. Wash and scrub the potato skin until squeaky clean. Poke holes in the potatoes and bake until tender. Cut and open up on one side and add a teaspoon of butter. It’s the perfect side dish next to your slices of juicy turkey meat.
Jeffrey’s Christmas Kitchen is a seasonal shop, so you’ll only get to taste our sumptuous dishes during the holiday seasons. If you have cravings other than roasted turkey, we have options for other roasted meats such as lamb, beef, ham, pork, and sausages. Additionally, you can shop for entrees, side dishes, desserts, and beverages in line with the holiday theme.
You have a choice of ordering only our roast turkey or go right ahead and gift yourself a stress-free holiday by indulging in one of our Value Bundles, all of which includes the special turkey recipe. You can simply order your Thanksgiving and Christmas party meals through our Christmas turkey Singapore delivery and get everything you need for a delicious feast.
Order now and taste the award-winning Rosemary Roast Turkey with chestnut stuffing while stocks last! Pre-order your Premium Roast Turkey to make sure you get your share before our turkey stock sells out. Get free delivery when you order above $120.